WHY SELL WITH US
Working with Showplace can provide a simpler and more streamlined experience.
There are several reasons why selling estate items outright can be more advantageous than selling via other methods.
- Convenience: Selling to Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers is a much quicker and easier process than selling at auction or selling online. Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers will handle the entire selling process for you. We will assess, value, purchase, pack and pick up your items making the process more convenient for you. No need to deal with the hassle of selling items yourself which can often be a lengthy process or meeting an auction schedule that does not fit your timeline. The convenience of selling outright is particularly beneficial when dealing with a large number of items or when you have limited time available.
- Guaranteed sale price: When selling to Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers, you recieve a guaranteed price for the entire estate/collection or a group of individual items. This gives you the assurance of a guaranteed sale price, which can be particularly valuable if you need to sell the items quickly or if you have a specific minimum price in mind. No need to worry about if an item doesn’t sell at auction or having to wait months to get paid. With Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers, you get paid immediately upon pickup. Auction houses may promise higher estimates but can’t guarantee results.
- No fees: Selling to Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers doesn’t cost you any money as we do not charge our clients any fees. Auction houses typically charge sellers a commission fee, which can range from 10% to 30% of the sale price. Often other fees for services like photography and fees if an item does not sell can also come into play. Many online selling platforms also take from 20% to 30% of an item’s selling price. Any costs we incur are built into our price, so you know upfront exactly what you will be getting paid.
- Discretion and Privacy: If privacy is a concern, working with Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers offers a discreet solution. We understand the sensitive nature of selling personal belongings and can provide a confidential and private selling experience.
- Sell a Greater Quantity of Goods: Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers is able to work with you on items of varying value and assist you with a greater quantity of goods at a range of price points. While a typical auction house will only accept a small handful of items, Showplace is able to purchase those items along with a range of other items that have secondary market value. Showplace has the infrastructure to handle large estates, boasting a 40,000 square foot gallery in Manhattan and a 26,000 square foot warehouse in Astoria.
- Removal and Cleanup Services: In addition to purchasing your items, Showplace can offer additional services such as removal and cleanup. We can handle the logistics of clearing out your space, making the process more convenient and efficient.
- Strong Pricing: Showplace offers stronger pricing than our competitors. We have been in the business for over 30 years with an infrastructure that can support your needs.
Showplace was so easy to deal with! After a first email with pictures, I immediately got a response with an estimate. Selling all my furniture in one go was a huge relief. Hassle free and quick. Shawn Leventhal walked me through the process and within a week, they picked up my furniture. Highly recommend for estate sales or just redecorating your home.
The whole team made the process of selling incredibly easy. Andrea and Clare are super to work with. Thank you.
Had an incredible experience selling my mother’s art deco furniture in her Park avenue apartment. We had a tight timeline to get all the furniture out and Showplace was able to get me an offer and pick everything up within days of initially calling them. The moving crew was very professional and efficient! They were able to disassemble, wrap and move out our office, living room set, 3 beds, and a vanity all within 3 hours. Andrew was very responsive and helpful in the days leading up to the pick up, and Sean was a joy to work with on the day of the pick up. They bought everything outright, so no need for me to wait for anything to sell before receiving a check. 10/10 would recommend Showplace to anyone looking to sell antique furniture in the city!
We were downsizing and closed our New York apartment on Park Avenue. We had art, antiques and miscellaneous objects for sale. The Showplace Team was a dream to work with.They were patient as we determined which items we wanted to sell. Andrea was exceptionally responsive, professional, and accommodating. There were issues with the building but the Showplace team remained cool and professional and made everything work smoothly.
My experience with dealing with Showplace was excellent. Shawn showed great and experienced behavior while helping me with the sale of my items. Was always very kind and also made sure the pickup of them was done properly and helped to make sure all was well done. Apart this, he was very nice and helpful when I later visited your showroom and expressed my desire to purchase one of your items. He showed me around and checked that my choice was good and the item I purchased worked and any repairs necessary were done. I would recommend your Showroom and the good services of Shawn.
Years ago we had inherited a large home’s worth of pieces – crystal, African masks, signed prints, water colors, tiny sculptures. It was mostly not our vibe, but we could not figure out how to part with it. The variation in types and value would have required us to sell each of about 100 pieces individually, through different channels. Some through consignment, some auctions, some EBay. That was too daunting to cope with. We turned to Showplace. We sent pictures of everything in advance to give them an idea of what we had. Shawn came to our house one day, looked each item over, taking most (but rejecting a few). Then he offered a price that we found equitable for the bundle. Then yhey packed it all up and wrote me a check. At the end of the day, we felt relieved they had helped us part with so many things that no longer sparked joy, and were hopeful that they will find a place in a home where they do.
Dealing with Amos and Andrea from Showplace to sell the contents of my mother’s estate was a first class, stress-free experience. I met with auction houses, other estate buyers, silver specialists, vintage designer clothing buyers and people that arrange tag sales to sell my mother’s vast collection of designer clothes, bags, furs, paintings, sculptures, silver, furniture, tableware and accessories. Amos made my life easier by buying everything at once and paying up front. Amos and Andrea struck just the right note of gentleness and sympathy while dealing with us at a difficult time. I highly recommend Showplace for buying estates or even for downsizing.
These guys are fantastic. I am a real estate broker and needed to empty a large loft quickly . Showplace was easy to work with and got the job done quickly!
Showplace Fine Art & Estate Buyers were a real pleasure to deal with, and we received a very satisfying sale price for my late mother’s estate contents. Andrea and Amos spent far more time examining my mother’s jewelry, artwork, ornaments and furniture than any of the other prospective estate buyers, and were quick to address any questions we had. In the end, their offer was well informed and significantly better than the competition. I have no hesitiation in recommending them highly.
As an art appraiser and consultant, I often refer clients to Showplace when they have items they are looking to sell on short notice. They are extremely friendly and professional, they pay immediately, and are a pleasure to work with. They will even arrange for broom sweep services which is a godsend for estates. I recommend them highly.
Serving New York & The Tri State Area Since 1993
40 W 25th St, New York, NY 10010